Looking for activities to celebrate Black History Month in your classroom or library? Check out these resources:
- The Center for Civic Education provides six lessons on topics such as the Children’s March of 1963 and the power of nonviolent protests as catalysts for change.
- The National Education Association offers lesson plans designed for grades K – 12.
- Teacher Vision has videos, slideshows, printables, quizzes, and more.
- Smithsonian Education explores African-American art, music, culture, and history with lesson plans for students.
- The Library of Congress offers an extensive selection of African-American history resources for teachers.